Boiler Repair and Replacement
Boilers are an important part of a home heating system, considered to be not only highly efficient but cost-effective. They can be powered by natural gas, oil, propane or electricity. A boiler is an appliance used to heat water for some residential & commercial heating systems. These systems use the hot water from the boiler to spread the heat throughout the home or business by piping it into different rooms and dispersing the heat through various types of radiators. Once the radiator is heated with the hot water, the water is returned to the boiler to be re-heated and then the circulation can continue. Although most modern homes do not have a boiler, most people with a boiler can use the same unit for years provided it is repaired when needed and maintained properly.
There Are Two Types Of Boilers:
- Hot Water Boiler: These are small, low maintenance units that heat water to a temperature of 160-180 degrees Fahrenheit. The heated water is circulated through a building’s pipes, which heats up the radiators within each room. The water eventually cools and is directed back to the boiler through a return pipe and the process starts again.
- Steam Boiler: Not as commonly used today, they are much more complex than hot water boilers. Found in mostly older homes that haven’t converted yet, they operate with pressure gauges, blow-off valves, automatic feeds and special gauge glass. Steam heat is created from water that is heated in a gas, oil or electric boiler. It then goes through pipes and radiators or convectors, where the steam turns into water and cycles back to the boiler.
Boiler Repair Service
My Plumber can handle any type of boiler repair on any system you have in your home or office, and can even provide Emergency Boiler Repair any time of day or night. We provide boiler repair service to all makes and models including oil fired and gas fired boilers and other hot water-based systems. Among the top brands we use are Burnham, Columbia and American Standard boilers.
My Plumber Boiler Repair Services Include:
- Radiator repairs and installations
- Baseboard heating repairs and installation
- Gas piping
- Chimney liner installation
- Programmable thermostats
- 24/7 emergency service
If we assess that your unit is beyond fixing or totally outdated and inefficient, we can also do a complete installation of a brand-new, energy-saving boiler. Our boiler installation technicians know the ins and outs of every boiler make and model. Our boiler expertise allows us to correctly choose which boiler will suit your needs. My Plumber’s boiler replacement service will ensure your homes stays warm throughout the cold months.
Customer service is our number one goal, and we want to make sure you enjoy the pleasure of the warm, comfortable and worry-free home that you deserve. If you suspect your boiler in Virginia, Maryland or DC is in need of attention, call My Plumber and one of our experienced, knowledgeable technicians will be there to help. We are licensed for both residential and commercial boiler repair and proudly serve clients with their Virginia, Maryland, and Washington D.C. boiler needs.