So, last night while watching my daughter at gymnastics, I was looking around and wondering what would take away the stench of stinky feet and sweaty palms. At home, to remove the smells from my charred attempts at dinner, I have used baking soda, white vinegar, candles, reed diffusers, and a Lampe Berger, but these only seem to mask the odor before I became acclimated to it. Strong odors have a way of getting over everything. Studies have shown that indoor air is five times more polluted than outdoor air. The average person breathes in about 32,000 pints of air every day. Those 32,000 pints contain about 1,120,000,000 particles of dust and most of those particles are 3 microns or smaller in size. Exposure to indoor air pollutants has increased in recent years due to homes being better insulated. A tighter seal traps more humidity, smoke, dust, and pollutants thus the lingering odor. In order to fully remove the pungency, you should invest in a whole-house air filtration system which can remove up to 99.98% of allergens from filtered air. Some of the benefits of a home air filtration system include:
- Removal of over 99% of the common flu, or influenza A virus, from the filtered air in your home.
- Removal of up to 99.98% of allergens from filtered air
- Catches particles even smaller than .1 micron in size
- Is 8 times more effective than the best HEPA room appliance
- Is 100 times more effective than a standard 1″ throwaway filter or ionic-type room appliance
- Delivers cleaner air, and more of it
- Easy to vacuum and wash the reusable filter
Nobody wants to breathe dirty, contaminated air. By stopping airborne particles before they enter your home, you will keep your family healthy and also reduce the workload on your furnace filters and air conditioning coils. This will potentially save you money in the long run from having to replace your furnace and/or air conditioner. You can reap even more savings (and benefits) by adding an air filtration system to a new High Energy-Efficient system. Give us a call TODAY! Our comfort consultants are available to meet with you to discuss which product is best suited to keep your family healthy and comfortable.